Zeal is an exciting high-growth EdTech company that is crushing the cost of tutoring, making it affordable for every student in school or home to have their own personal math coach. As we close in on our first million in sales, we are looking for a School Partnerships Manager to drive K12 sales in the West. This role will be a mixture of inside and outside sales.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of sales experience (Education sales preferred)
- Established relationships with decision makers in local school regions, including District and School leaders
- The ability to create and deliver presentations
- The ability to compose and edit written materials
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel (must be SF Bay Area based)
- Experience working with new products and categories
- Experience building new processes and protocols
- Experience working in a startup (school or company) environment; adapting to uncertainty
If this sounds like you, and you're excited about the possibility of working for a dynamic, student-centered company in the EdTech space, we want to hear from you! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
3 to 5 years
Zeal's mission is to crush the cost of tutoring so that every student can have a personal math coach. Zeal's outcomes are better than in-person tutoring and costs the same as computer-driven curricula.
Zeal allows a teacher to assign students specific math goals to be fulfilled by Zeal's live coaches online. Coaches, mostly current and retired teachers, coach students as they work, and intervene in live sessions with a shared white board and audio connection. Zeal is the first company in the world to solve Bloom’s 2 Sigma Problem at a price which is affordable to all schools and students.
John Danner, co-founder and CEO, previously founded NetGravity, the web’s first advertising server company, which he took public and sold for $750M; John also founded Rocketship Education, the nation's first blended schools. Zeal has been seed-funded by a small set of elite edtech investors including Reach Capital, Kapor Capital, Chicago Ventures, and Foundation Capital. Our founding team comes from Amazon, Zynga, and Rocketship Education.
As a young startup, we value your ability to work well with our team. We have three core values, and we will ask you questions like the ones below to assess your fit.
- Do you love education and the idea of making tutoring available to every student?
- Do you have a strong desire to work with users?
- Do you have urgency? Is this more than a job?
- How well do you handle change? If we have to make difficult decisions to succeed, will you be able to adapt?
- Do you get things done? Do you meet your commitments?
- Is your work outstanding? When you do something, do you do it well?
- Do you have a passion for solving difficult problems?
- Are you a good listener?
- Are you willing to help others even when you have tight deadlines?
- Are you positive and optimistic when things get difficult?