Summary of Responsibilities:
At Summit, we use the research-based Educator Skills Rubric to define and make transparent areas of professional strength and areas for focus. Each role at Summit is mapped to this rubric, which becomes a key data point in hiring, and central to professional development and retention.
For the Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment, essential skills include:
- Data analysis
- Strategic planning
- Progress monitoring
- Values-based compliance
- Resource allocation
- Systematic innovation
- Operational effectiveness
- Cultural competence
- Strategic communication
- Responsive communication
- Team management
- Team culture
Additionally, we greatly value Habits of Success, including emotional intelligence and an orientation towards learning, holding high expectations, and supporting others.
For the Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment, key habits of success include high levels of:
- Emotional awareness
- Learning orientation
- Developing others
- Organizational awareness
- Values-based leadership
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
- Credible experience with systems-level curriculum and assessment programs
- Experience managing teams
- Resume, not to exceed 2 pages
- A cover letter, not to exceed 2 pages, that includes your reasons for interest in this position
- Send three (3) work references. Ideally, one would be from someone you managed, one from someone who was your direct supervisor, and another who can add another dimension to your work experience
- Interview with Chief Academic Officer, in person if possible
- Attend Simulation Day prepared to engage in all skill-based simulation activities.
3 or more years
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and our graduates are completing college at double the national average.
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools atop 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post.
- Summit has a fully Common Core aligned curriculum, and has worked with university, technology, and non-profit partners to continually improve. This curriculum is made available for free to our many Basecamp partners across the nation and, soon, around the world. You can explore the curriculum here, using the demo code jnqgwbct.