Data Infrastructure Manager
We are looking for a Data Infrastructure Manager to join our high-performing, entrepreneural regional Data team. In this high impact position, s/he will be responsible for owning the vision and creation of a scalable data infrastucture that will support our region’s growth. S/he will play an integral role in shaping our regional data strategy, ensuring access to key data for our stakeholders, and championing a data-driven culture.
The Data Infrastructure Manager will work in our Regional Support Office in Oakland, and report to our Director of Data & Evaluation.
1. Own regional data infrastructure
- Create the vision and plan for a scalable, regional data infrastructure
- Develop a foundational understanding of our current data warehouse, information systems (PowerSchool, Illuminate, Salesforce, etc.), and integrations across systems
- Continually identify and priotize new data needs
- Build and maintain regional data infrastructure
- Partner with our data warehouse vendor, Schoolzilla, to maintain our data warehouse and troubleshoot issues
- Design, implement and maintain custom schemas within our data warehouse
- Own ETL development and monitor data connections across key systems
- Create and maintain the documentation of our data infrastructure, including database schemas and data dictionaries for custom schemas
- Partner with our Technology team to develop our regional data security strategy, and execute across all systems and platforms
2. Lead data management initiatives
- Manage system administration of our student information system (PowerSchool), and support administration of assessment systems (e.g., Illuminate, blended learning platforms)
- Monitor data quality, developing and implementing regional standards as needed
- Research, discover and implement new/untapped capabilities within our existing systems
- Identify and create robust methods for collecting, capturing, and integrating new data types based on organizational need
- Support cross-functional needs, such as account provisioning/rostering for assessments, transfering data between systems, and creating data-based monitoring tools
3. Contribute to Data team capacity and sustainability
- Support data analysis and data visualization in Tableau
- Proactively identify areas for automation and process improvements
- Recommend and employ best practices and better ways of working, such as agile development
- Actively participate and foster relationships in the national KIPP data community, and the broader education data community
Work Experience & Skills
●Mission-driven, with an unquestioned commitment to KIPP’s mission and values
●Demonstrated technical skills, coupled with a strong desire to learn and improve:
- Database archictecure and database administration in Microsoft SQL Server (SQL/TSQL)
- ETL script development and batch processing (Python or R preferred)
- Data visualization experience in Tableau a plus
●Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
●Highly resourceful, and able to learn new data systems/technologies quickly and independently
●Goal-oriented, with strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills
●Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of teamwork and collaboration
●Bachelor’s Degree, with 4+ years of relevant work experience
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
Submit a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience and a resume online via KIPP Careers: http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0Xd0000008U5La
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Email Ale.Ceja at email@example.com with any questions. KIPP Bay Area Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Any experience level
About KIPP Bay Area Schools
In the San Francisco Bay Area, 11 KIPP schools are closing the achievement gap between low-income students and their more advantaged peers. These innovative, tuition-free, college-preparatory schools are located in underserved neighborhoods of San Francisco, San Jose, San Lorenzo, Redwood City, and West Oakland. KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 183 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 70,000 students. Nationally, 85% of KIPPsters matriculate to college, and graduate at four times the rate of their peers from similar backgrounds. KIPP Bay Area Schools serves over 3,800 students, with plans to continue growing to serve more students over the coming decade.