The Standards and Correlation Specialist is responsible for creating information resources that facilitate use of Age of Learning products by a variety of customers and clients, but especially educators at classroom or district level who are using Age of Learning products to supplement their curriculum. The person in this role will associate curriculum products with relevant district, state, and professional learning standards and will write and edit teacher- and parent-focused descriptions of activities, key words, and learning objectives. This person will work as part of a forward-thinking, innovative team, and will collaborate with the Curriculum Data Manager as well as with other members of the Curriculum and Global Schools teams on correlation and implementation initiatives. The position calls for someone with working knowledge of educational standards, classification, taxonomies, and database search strategies. Qualified applicants will have careful attention to detail and previous experience in a curriculum-development environment.
- Correlate Age of Learning curriculum products to a district, state, and professional standards.
- Use standards-based correlations to create packages of learning products that meet the needs of school- and district-level clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience working with classifications and descriptions of learning resources.
- Familiarity with the formats and general content of professional, state, and district educational standards and teaching guidelines.
- Previous experience teaching or developing curriculum for children in the range of pre-k through grade 5.
- Writing and editing expertise.
- Attention to detail.
Candidates interested in a full-time, in-house role are strongly preferred and will be considered.
1 or more years