Student Operations Associate
Wishbone.org - San Francisco, CA - Full time
We are looking for a talented, proactive individual to join our Student Operations and Program Partnerships teams. The Student Operations Associate will assist with all aspects of our program operations, including student outreach, application screening, and ensuring that students are supported through all stages of the Wishbone program. In addition, the Student Operations Associate will collaborate closely with the Partnerships Program Manager to enroll students in their programs. The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure of deadlines, handle multiple priorities and projects, and be flexible and adaptable. This position will report to the Student Operations Manager. We are looking for a true team player; there is much room for professional growth in this position.
- Support Student Operations Manager in hiring and training a team of regionally-based Outreach Managers
- Perform broad outreach to Bay Area schools, teacher networks, mentoring organizations, and other partners through emails, phone calls, and in-person presentations
- Track student applications during outreach season (September-December)
- Manage Wishbone Student Ambassador program
- Conduct thorough review of student applications upon submission
- Work closely with Program Partnerships Manager to make successful matches between students and programs, based on keen understanding of students’ strengths and qualities
Student Enrollment and Matriculation
- Under the direction of the Program Partnerships Manager, enroll student cohort
- Assist Program Partnerships Manager with updating and maintaining our program database
- Manage student communications and reminders to ensure on-time registration and enrollment
- Assist with program payments
- Edit and post student fundraising campaigns
- Provide timely email support to students, teachers, and advocates using Wishbone.org throughout the application cycle
- Ensure students attend their program via consistent communication and follow-up
- Collect and analyze pre- and post-attendance updates and surveys
- Collect and process student reimbursements
- Manage alumni communications and expand student alumni program
General Organizational Support
- Willing to support other teams on projects on an as-needed basis
- Undergraduate degree with 1-2 years work experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, with an entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
- Comfort working in a fast-paced start-up work environment; must be flexible and adaptable
- Comfort working with and presenting to teachers, students, and leaders in low-income high schools
- Exemplary writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Great collaborator and team player
- Passion and commitment to Wishbone’s mission
- Contacts and/or experience in an urban school setting, either as a teacher, counselor, school leader, or mentor
- Some knowledge of school districts and education landscape in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Spanish language skills
- Experience using Salesforce
Position will work out of our San Francisco office.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
Applicants should forward cover letter and resume to Eric Brandt: email@example.com. Applicant should have availability to at least two references, one of which should be from most recent work position.
Wishbone.org is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Wishbone.org is committed to diversity in our organization.
less than 1 year
Wishbone is dedicated to sending low-income students to high-quality summer programs. We believe that closing the opportunity gap is essential in the fight against the education crisis facing America. All students should have access to pursue what they are passionate about.
Since 2012, we have raised over $2,000,000 to send over 1,000 students to programs at top institutions such as Academy of Art University, Brown University, Cornell, Nike Sports Camps, Parsons, and All Girls/All Math. We’ve found that after returning from summer programs, our students improve academically; they are more prepared and independent, and they are more confident and curious. Most importantly, they come back to their communities to inspire others.
Wishbone is a technology-driven organization, supported by Silicon Valley’s top technology talent. Due to consistent iteration on our tools and platform, we’ve unified the disjointed ecosystem of program-providers, donors, at-risk schools, low-income students, and their teachers and raised exclusive scholarship funding directly for our students.
Wishbone breaks down into three services:
We are now launching our biggest growth strategy to date, scaling our core team, widening our program-provider partners, and offering scholarships to over 2,000 students in the next three years — making Wishbone the largest summer program access network for low-income students in America. For more information visit: http://www.wishbone.org/