The Technology Systems Integrator works directly with New Visions Charter High Schools School Leadership, Teachers and staff on implementation, support and integration of technology in schools. The operational systems integrator minimizes the technical barriers to the adoption of digital tools at the school level, including support in device procurement and budgeting and working with school hardware/software plans to align with school goals. This position is based primarily at the main office but requires regular travel to local school sites.
Essential Job Functions
- Support Management
- Provide guidance to school leadership on the management of day to day technology operations;
- Coordinate work and resources across the organization to support efficacy of school technology and systems;
- Collect, analyze, and use data with New Visions staff and school leaders and from various sources to assess the effectiveness of school technology support and to inform decision-making;
- Work with School leadership, teachers and other school staff to identify how technology can be leveraged in support of the school goals;
- Provide guidance and support the continuous development of school-based Technology Specialists.
- Project Based Work
- Coordinate and oversee the summer preparation activities at schools;
- Coordinate and oversee network wide technology projects and initiatives such as Charter lotteries, Charter Staff onboardings and new system implementations;
- Support schools around implementation of key NYCDOE initiatives.
- Knowledge Management
- Identify best practices and effective tools within particular schools and develop mechanisms to disseminate across the network of schools;
- Develop and document systematic and scalable approaches to support and services;
- Create and support platform(s) for knowledge sharing across schools
Required Skill Sets and Knowledge Base
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of technology support experience with at least two years of experience managing a service desk system and support team;
- Experience with ITIL or other Service Management framework;
- Working knowledge of network concepts such as firewalls, routers, VPNs, antivirus systems and spam filters;
- Strong understanding of technology, technology products and technical design specifications;
- Excellent project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks across various user groups;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus;
- Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and correct problems in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be constantly driven to improve and highly adaptable to evolving business practices.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Two years experience providing professional development and technical assistance to school-based staff preferred;
- Experience working in an urban school setting strongly preferred;
- Experience with managing Windows OS, Mac OS, Chrome OS and Google Apps desirable;
- Experience with PowerSchool, School Messenger, Read 180, CAASS, Read 180 and other school based systems preferred.
Only candidates who closely fit the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
New Visions for Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any experience level
We are dedicated to ensuring that all New York City public school students, regardless of race or economic class, have access to a high-quality education that prepares them for the rigors of college and the workforce. Further, we are committed to sharing innovative tools, strategies and lessons learned in New Visions schools with others in New York and throughout the country to prove that meaningful change is achievable at scale and success is possible for every child.
Visit our website at: www.newvisions.org