Digital Promise - Redwood City, CA - Full time
About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is a nonprofit organization working to spur innovation in education. By working with educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, and leading thinkers, Digital Promise Global leverages technology, taps into research, and shares powerful stories to improve the opportunity to learn around the world. This work supports people’s development of learner agency, and their ability to operate in a global context. Digital Promise Global works in collaboration with Digital Promise and is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a research project at Digital Promise Global focused on learner data constructs that support the development of learner positioning systems (LPS) for personalizing learning. This project will focus on 1). Bringing together researchers, product developers and schools and districts to research and design the concept of next generation LPSs and 2). Working with the field to establish and advance best practices in the design, implementation and use of data on how kids learn best and learner data frameworks to support personalization.
- Conduct a literature, field review and analysis of learning frameworks across Learning Science, Social Emotional Learning, Neuro Developmental Science and academic domains.
- Evaluate and work with data frameworks and schemas for different aspects of learning.
- Assist Digital Promise Global team with recruiting and selecting researchers, product developers, schools and school districts to participate in Digital Promise Global projects.
- Provide orientation and ongoing technical assistance to district staff and product developers regarding data collection, instrument/tool use, data management, and analysis.
- Assist Digital Promise Global's communications team in designing and executing communications to disseminate promising practices and frameworks.
- The preferred candidate will hold a master’s or doctoral degree in a relevant field (e.g. learning sciences, educational technology, data science, educational psychology, program evaluation, neuroscience, cognitive science, sociology)
- Experience designing, working with and analyzing data and data frameworks.
- Ability to translate complexity into clear actionable models
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Experience conducting data focused research projects.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Formative evaluation and assessment background with educational technology in K--12 school settings
- Quantitative data collection, analysis, and presentation, including the ability to quickly learn new software programs and work with data in different environments and formats
- Research project management experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to share complex research findings with experts and non--experts
- A strong commitment to improving education for K--12 learners in U.S. public schools
- Experience collaborating with cross--functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached.
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast--paced and ambiguous environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Ability to travel as required to district sites, organization locations and national conferences.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can--do,” “yes--and” spirit.
- Ability to translate complex language and ideas into clear explanations.
- Ability to learn about new topics quickly.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements using the link provided. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise Global is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
3 or more years
Digital Promise Global was incorporated alongside Digital Promise, an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit authorized by the U.S. Congress, to ensure that innovation in education benefits all learners across the world.
Through our work with educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, and leading thinkers, Digital Promise and Digital Promise Global partner closely to support a comprehensive agenda to unleash the power of technology to improve lifelong learning.
Digital Promise Global is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation. While these two entities are legally separate, a sharing agreement enables deep and fluid collaboration in the manner of a single organization.