The Regional Operations Manager will join KIPP Bay Area Schools during an exciting phase of growth. Reporting to the Director of Regional Operations, s/he will partner directly with schools to build and implement operational systems that effectively support joyous, rigorous learning environments. The ideal candidate for this position thrives on solving challenges, navigating ambiguity, and finding ways to work smarter. We are looking for someone with a strong track record of effective project management, data and information analysis, outcomes-based planning, and relationship building.
This position is based out of our Regional Support Office in downtown Oakland (BART accessible) with frequent travel to our schools and local communities throughout the Bay Area. This full-time exempt position is available immediately.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage school start-up process
- Support the hiring and training of founding operations staff for new schools
- Develop and execute school start-up plans in coordination with other regional teams
- Evaluate the scalability of existing systems and find ways to address areas of inefficiency
Support student recruitment and enrollment
- Partner with schools to develop student recruitment plans and enrollment processes
- Support marketing efforts and community partnerships to recruit more students
- Track and share progress against goals with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee KIPP’s online application and enrollment system
Develop school operations talent
- Help lead, organize, and contribute content to monthly Community of Practice meetings
- Support recruitment, training, and professional development of school operations managers
- Serve as thought partner and coach to school operations managers via regular check-ins and feedback exchanges
Serve as first line of support to school operations managers
- Support schools with operating publicly-funded afterschool programs and reporting data to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support and training on various risk management areas (e.g. volunteer clearances, emergency planning, safety policies and procedures)
- Work with schools and various regional teams to prepare for semi-annual audit
Manage business contracts and services
- Facilitate successful food service contract between schools and host districts
- Apply for public funds (e.g. Consolidated Application, Mandate Block Grant)
- Manage contracts with vendors for insurance, office supplies and equipment, parent-notification systems, and other services
Support department planning and strategy
- Develop internal systems for tracking timelines and progress of various tasks/projects
- Assist with special projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP Bay Area Schools’ mission and values
- Outstanding project management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data to inform decisions and drive results
- Ability to self‐direct and prioritize among competing goals while exhibiting flexibility in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong track record of collaborating with others and building relationships across teams
- Bachelor's degree required; 3 - 5 years of work experience strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications.
KIPP Bay Area Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Please send in an application here: http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0Xd0000008GDVc
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Any experience level
About KIPP Bay Area Schools
In the San Francisco Bay Area, KIPP schools are closing the achievement gap between low-income students and their more advantaged peers. These innovative, tuition-free, college-preparatory schools are located in underserved neighborhoods of San Francisco, East San Jose, San Lorenzo, Redwood City, and West Oakland.
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 183 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving nearly 70,000 students. Nationally, 85% of KIPPsters matriculate to college, and graduate at four times the rate of their peers from similar backgrounds. KIPP Bay Area Schools serves over 3,800 students, with plans to continue growing to serve more students over the coming decade.