HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the data operations team in running and monitoring our regular operational processes (Data Acquisition, Data Transformation, Predictive Analysis), including planning, scheduling and execution of tasks.
- Track operational metrics.
- Understand and participate in documenting the current operations work-flow.
- Enhance current documentation set to include updated technical operations and process enhancements.
- Troubleshoot basic data related issues across multiple products.
- Gather, clean and compile publicly available educational data to support multiple products.
- Project manage new district product implementations, including client emails, meeting scheduling, notes and follow-up, and basic data investigation as directed by Data Analysts.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong passion for education and data: you believe that technology can transform education and you want to work with data to make that possible.
- Attention to detail and extreme thoroughness: nothing gets by you. You double and triple check your work, and enjoy getting every detail perfectly right. You take pleasure in ferreting out the smallest inconsistencies and making sure things always add up.
- Clear, concise communication:you get your point across with the fewest most impactful words. You can hold your own emailing with district operations staff, running a project status call or coordinating internal teams around process.
- Project management skills and experience: you’ve built project plans and loved it! You know how to scope and sequence steps, hold folks accountable and manage to a goal.
- Data savvy: you’ve got Excel under your belt. You’re comfortable working with data, manipulating it as needed and aggregating to complete basic analyses. You’re also excited to learn new skills to boost your abilities.
- Interest and aptitude for analysis: you can think logically and critically through a problem and are excited to learn how to investigate your hypotheses using data.
- Service mindset: we are an operational team and 100% accountable to our customers. You know how to relate to customers (both internal and external) to make sure everyone gets what they need and feels successful.
- Advanced data analysis skills: you’ve worked with large data sets and have used tools beyond Excel to explore and draw conclusions.
- Statistics knowledge: you have experience with stats and know the difference between a normal and skewed distribution, explaining it easily to a novice.
- SQL skills: you can write and understand basic queries.
- Education experience: you’ve worked in schools and know the lingo, either as a teacher, school operations or central office staff.
- Education data or student information experience: you’ve worked with student information systems and/or the data contained within.
1 to 5 years
BrightBytes improves learning for millions of students globally through the use of learning analytics and industry research. The company's flagship product, called Clarity, is an online platform that gives educational leaders everything they need to make faster, better decisions in schools. Almost 20% of U.S. schools use Clarity, and hundreds more purchase the platform every week.BrightBytes is a mission-driven organization founded by educational practitioners, education researchers and industry experts who care deeply about the education space.
One of the founders is Rob Mancabelli, an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of educational leadership and the co-author of the award-winning book, Personal Learning Networks. BrightBytes hires mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.
We’re seeking a Data Operations Associate to help the BrightBytes Data Operations team run our daily operations and scale our impactful education solutions. As a Data Operations Associate, you’ll be working on our school/district and public data powered products. Supporting BrightBytes Data Analysts, you’ll help ensure quality data reaches our customers regularly and on time.We're looking for folks with strong organization and project management skills to execute fixed processes that support multiple data-rich products. This is a great opportunity for those who feel excited about data, love managing details and are eager to get their feet wet.