NOTE: This is a 6-month contract with possible extension.
What we're looking for:
- We’re looking for a talented and experienced Digital Art Director / Visual Designer with exceptional creative thought and outstanding visual aesthetic.
- You’ll have concrete experience creating a visual design language and digital design systems.
- A solid grasp of accessibility requirements.
- You'll have at least six years of experience with a solid foundation in typography, layout andresponsive design, and a proven record of bringing a brand voice to life.
- You must be comfortable owning projects from the conceptual stage through to production.
- You must have software application/product design experience.
What you'll do:
We want you to be a driving force in creating a new, comprehensive visual language and digital design system that will represent our brand and voice across diverse platforms and experiences. You will work closely with all of Schoology’s internal teams, as well as our clients and ensure all perspectives are taken into consideration. This is a great opportunity to redefine the digital educational space.
- Collaborate in re-designing the core experience of our platform and native apps.
- Articulate the strategy behind your work and map decisions to specific branding objectives.
- Extend the visual language to different touch points across the experience, including native apps and marketing site.
- Excellent understanding of the constraints and capabilities of web technologies as they relate to design.
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with education
Please send your CV along with your portfolio detailing your specific input on design for each product/project presented. We should be able to recognize your design sense, process, and your project presentation should be clear.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
6 or more years
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.