Position: Registration Coordinator
Job Type: Part-Time (Friday afternoons andSaturdays during the school year)
Location: New York City Region
Start Date: ASAP
PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.
The Registration Coordinator (RC) will provide support in the delivery of PowerMyLearning’s Family Learning Workshops to New York City partner schools. An important member of the PowerMyLearning team, the Registration Coordinator is the first person families see upon entering the building and will not only greet them, but make sure that their initial experience is well-organized. During the Family Learning Workshop, the RC is responsible for ensuring the families are registered and assigned to a classroom. In addition to registering families, you will be collecting and organizing essential documents throughout the day. The efforts at the registration table lay the groundwork and set the tone for the entire workshop.
This position requires work on Saturdays. The time commitment Saturdays are approximately eight hours (8:30am – 5:00pm), including a 30 minute unpaid lunch. PowerMyLearning partner schools are located in New York City (all boroughs) and locations will vary throughout the school year. This position reports to the Program Manager, Family Engagement on the New York City team.
- WorkwiththeNew York City regional team toimplementa fun, engaging andhighenergy workshop
- Provide excellent customer service to PowerMyLearning’s families and schools
- Set-up and manage the registration table on Saturdays
- Ensure accuracy with all aspects of registration, paperwork collection, etc.
- Reconcile paperwork and trouble-shoot any discrepancies
- Coordinate with PowerMyLearning’s Program Manager and Coordinator, Family Trainers and Customer Service Representatives
- Other duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other language
- Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Enjoysworking withfamiliesand students
- Strong problem-solver
- Team player who is also capable of working independently or with minimal oversight
- Availability on Fridays and Saturdays
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $15 per hour
- Compensation does not include the cost of transportation
- Lunch provided during all workshops
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent salary, and how you heard about this opportunity, to email@example.com using the following conventions:
Subject line: NYC Registration Coordinator
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.