Sr. Program Manager, System Leaders and Alumni Engagement
Innovate Public Schools - San Jose, CA - Full time
Innovate Public Schools is a nonprofit organization focused on ensuring that all Bay Area students, including low-income students and students of color, receive an excellent education. By providing cutting-edge leadership development programs to reform-minded charter schools, charter management organizations, and school districts, Innovate is striving to ensure that every student across the Bay Area has access to a world-class school.
Our flagship program, the Start-Up Schools Fellowship, is a year-long leadership development program aimed at supporting school leaders who plan to launch new, high quality schools, with a particular emphasis on students of color and low-income students. In addition, Innovate supports the design and implementation of high quality leadership development systems across charter networks, the redesign and transformation of struggling schools, and conducts intensive school audits focused on improving management, instruction, and school culture. Innovate also identifies and incubates Entrepreneurs-in-Residence, who are experienced school leaders in the process of designing and launching new networks of innovative, high-performing charter schools in the Bay Area.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Schools, the Sr. Program Manager, System Leaders & Alumni Engagement will play a critical role supporting senior-level charter network and district leaders and Innovate Alumni.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, senior-level professional who is energized by coaching transformational leaders and leading program design efforts for a fast-paced, results-oriented, organization making a huge difference in the quality of educational offerings in the Bay Area.
This position will involve significant local travel within the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Provide systems-level coaching for senior-level charter network leaders for partner schools and organizations;
- Design and launch a series of expert workshops on elements of building and sustaining world-class schools for Fellowship alumni and prospective partners;
- Provide individualized leadership coaching to Start-Up Schools Fellows, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and other school or system leaders with whom Innovate is partnering;
- Create and facilitate leadership development programs aimed to support district leaders in transformation efforts;
- Collaborate with other members of the Innovate team, including parent organizers and researchers, to support their efforts to further our shared mission;
- Work with teammates to refine future Start-Up Schools Fellowship sessions;
- Collaborate to refine a shared vision for the priorities and measures of accountability for Innovate’s New Schools Team;
- Respond to emerging needs of the organization, as determined with the VP, Schools.
- Strong commitment to Innovate’s mission of ensuring all students in the Bay Area have access to world-class schools through the delivery of cutting-edge leadership development programs;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree in education, policy, school leadership or related field preferred;
- A least 2-3 years of school leadership experience in a high-performing public school serving low-income students of color, with a proven track record of accelerating student academic achievement gains;
- Experience developing and leading partnerships with system-level leaders (e.g., assessing partner needs, reaching agreement with partners on scope of work, etc.);
- Superior written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to quickly and clearly convey complex topics to multiple audiences;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to create positive, trusting, and professional relationships with a diverse range of audiences, partners and constituent groups;
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional coaching and mentoring to new school leaders;
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to contribute to setting vision and strategic direction;
- Start-up orientation, with the ability to excel in a work environment requiring flexibility, self-motivation, self-directed problem-solving, collaborative work style, results-orientation, sense of urgency and enthusiasm;
- Proven ability to create strong school cultures rooted in an understanding of issues of equity, race, class, and restorative practices strongly preferred;
- Experience and/or deep interest in personalized learning and education technology strongly preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Please submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position here, and the unique skills and qualities you would bring to this leadership role to Serena Moy at Edgility Consulting.
Innovate Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
3 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.