We are looking for a Director of Community who will play a key role in building out initiatives for the educators, parents, and kids in our community. You’ll run initiatives that support the work of teachers around the world and engage children in learning experiences they’ll remember for a lifetime. Ideally you’re someone who's passionate about education and kids with a business acumen who can build and engage a long-term community of parents and teachers looking to engage their children in meaningful learning and play experiences.
- Represent and deliver on our mission, launches, and initiatives to our educator and parent community.
- Develop and drive the community management and ROI strategy for various online and offline efforts to increase engagement, collaboration, and word of mouth opportunities.
- Own end-to-end and scale the annual Wonder League Robotics Competition, making it the premier robotics event for elementary schools globally. Work collaboratively across functions to coordinate all aspects of content creation, website development, outreach, partnerships, and marketing/PR.
- Form and manage strategic partnerships with organizations in the tech, coding, and robotics space involved in the initiatives that you own. Manage programs with non-profits, museums, and other key partners.
- Track and report metrics related to all ongoing and new initiatives.
Your experience and skills
- 6+ years of community management, community outreach / organizing, marketing, business development, and/or event management experience.
- You are a growth-minded, strategic thinker who can establish and scale operations.
- You know how to motivate others and organize at a grassroots level. You may have worked on a political campaign or in a community organizing capacity at a cause-based organization.
- You have social media savvy and know how to get people spreading the word about causes they believe in.
- You've run large-scale events or conferences; you've built partnerships and secured sponsorships for them.
- You’re a self-starter who prides yourself on getting more done with less.
- You have a global mindset and experience. Foreign language skills a plus.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Classroom or school administrative experience a plus.
6 or more years
Kids learn by doing, which is the essence of play. We’ve got big ideas to support an evolution of education. Children will use our products to make memories and have fun - all while developing their problem solving skills, creative capacity, and sense of curiosity about how the world works.
Why work with us?
- We enjoy immense satisfaction in our work by bringing education to little ones in a fun way
- We’ve got vision - our friendly robots, Dash and Dot, are the first in a series of many interactive robot friends geared toward learning- our product roadmap is expanding with new features, software, and curriculum solutions, and our target age group will grow to attract and retain lifelong learners
- We are a series B funded startup on a strong growth trajectory, a proven track record of success, and solid financial backing. We are backed by a strong portfolio of venture investors including WI Harper, Charles River Ventures and Madrona.
- We are pedantic about delivering a world-class customer experience!