Galileo is looking for a designer with proven narrative, conceptual, and aesthetic talent who is eager to tell parents, potential staff, and kids about our bold and audacious mission. The role demands razor-sharp concept-to-production execution, determination, and strong relationship management skills. Directly joining a high-producing team, you’ll also impact the work of the entire organization by supporting the needs of various functions to craft inspiring web, mobile, and print touchpoints that communicate Galileo’s mission to the rest of the world. We intend for this role to become a permanent, benefited position after a 6-month trial period.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Design expertise in a range of mediums, from print to web to motion graphics
- Knowledge of traditional and new marketing principles
- Well-developed storytelling skills, with proven ability to craft action-inspiring narrative
- Exceptional visual aesthetic, coupled with a deep understanding of the creative process and how to effectively employ it
- Brand-oriented, strategic thinker with an inherent desire to connect your work to objective business goals
- An ever-present collaborative work style, with strong time management and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and an openness to new experiences
- Most importantly, dedication to creating a world of fearless innovators and future change-makers
Required Experience & Education
- Exceptional current portfolio of web and print work that has a proven record of providing measurable business value
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable, working knowledge of HTML, and CSS
- Bachelor’s in Design, Marketing, and/or Business preferred
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary visual designer for the organization
- Manage all concept development and execute production of marketing materials to support annual and ongoing consumer campaign and messaging needs
- Support additional functions with visual design needs including staff recruiting, professional development and training, and the executive team
- Collaborate with all key stakeholders to translate abstract and conceptual ideas into engaging design solutions, while balancing audience needs/desires with organizational goals
- Deliver timely work product which exhibits stylistic breadth, excellent typography and layout skills, and meticulous attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation, and usability
- Act as key member of the marketing team contributing to building strategy and execution
Any experience level
We have a totally audacious mission. We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear — the essence of innovation — are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life's challenges. They don't always get this incredible boost in other settings, but thousands of them have been getting this boost at Galileo since 2002. It takes a village to bring these fresh, inspiring, ever-evolving camp programs to over 20,000 campers every summer, and our headquarters team is up to the challenge. We believe that WE are Galileo. United by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do, whether writing cutting-edge curriculum, staffing exceptional summer teams, purchasing and packing supplies, spreading the word about our camps or delivering top-notch customer service.