Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a highly-respected developer of technology-based reading programs for students in Pre-K-12. Become part of our growth by joining our professional learning team.
The professional learning team works to ensure teachers are prepared to implement our innovative products to ensure student success and learner growth. The primary role of the Instructional Media Producer at Lexia Learning is the creation of training materials to support the implementation of Lexia in the classroom. In this role, the Instructional Media Producer will work closely with our implementation team members, providing constructive feedback and sharing responsibilities throughout projects to develop effective and engaging training materials. The Instructional Media Producer must be skilled in working with subject matter experts and end users/product trainers to create materials in a variety of media and for multiple delivery formats.
- Execute production of Lexia training screencasts and training videos for stakeholders including teachers, administrators, product trainers and other internal Lexia staff members.
- Write the audio script for each course and work with subject matter expert and voice talent to ensure proper pronunciation and style
- Develop and produce engaging screencast and video-based instructional modules for online delivery aimed at improving learner retention
- Create and manage a content database of training assets (multiple document and media formats) for archiving, ongoing updating, and effective distribution.
- Create written training documents (such as presentation slides and word documents) to effectively convey key information and achieve learning objectives.
- Explore and propose options to continue to deploy common or emerging technology applications to develop engaging and effective online experiences (courses).
- Perform diverse day-to-day production decision making duties such as: collaborating with subject matter experts and creative personnel, storyboarding, script writing, supervision of audio recording, visual imagery, animations and annotations, editing and quality assurance.
- Manage technical mechanisms of delivery and content curation of professional learning materials developed within Lexia Learning.
- Promote brand consistency by adhering to established style guides
- Create and manage online courses delivered via Learning Management Systems
- Develop and disseminate monthly reports to internal stakeholders on usage of training materials and participation in online courses
- Oversee external eLearning production contractors during periods of high demand for new materials.
- Keep up to date on learning tools, trends, ideas, innovations, and technologies
- Four year degree or extensive professional experience in eLearning Instructional Design for teachers and educators and related media production.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years prior experience in directly related areas of e-learning production or educational video production for K-12 market.
- Hands on experience using multimedia authoring tools such as Camtasia® an Articulate® products is essential
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint as well as basic Excel and use of common audio editors is also required
- Previous exposure to theories and models of online instructional design such as Addie, SAM, problem-based learning, micro learning and social learning are beneficial
- Relentless attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong track record of working successfully with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end users at various levels in an organization to develop effective learning strategies
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
3 to 5 years
Lexia Learning, A Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world. Founded more than 30 years ago with private funding and grants obtained from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, our products are now used by more than two million students. Lexia’s ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed efficacy research and gold-standard outcome studies are at the center of our pedagogical approach. Lexia Reading Core5®, the company’s award-winning, flagship product, has set the standard for technology-based reading instruction by providing explicit, systematic, personalized learning on fundamental literacy skills for students of all abilities. With the launch of the RAPID Assessment, Lexia continues its promise to improve student literacy by leveraging technology to personalize learning and simplifying the use of data to drive instruction.