Manager, Product Strategy & Operations
Cengage Learning - Cincinnati, OH - Full time
The Product Management groups at Cengage Learning are responsible for developing a keen understanding of customer needs, translating those ideas into innovative product strategies for the higher education market, and managing those strategies through execution and successful launch.
The Product Management Manager will work directly with the Product Managers, Directors, and General Manager to analyze product performance, market and business trends, and team operational effectiveness. The Manager will also serve as the primary go-to for special initiatives—sharing the projects, providing analysis, and managing the projects cross-functionally in the name of the General Manager. Example projects include synthesizing research into actionable strategic recommendations, analyzing historical and competitive business information, modeling partnership terms to support negotiations, and spearheading projects that could potentially take the market group into new revenue streams.
This position is located in our Mason, OH office.
- Assist in structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Assist in managing existing product partnerships
- Participate in cross-functional teams to get work done
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results.
- Work with Product team to understand data and assist in strategic planning and decision making.
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
- Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
- Travel expected (20-30%)
- Minimum of 2 years previous management consulting, business development or finance experience
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.