We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and Analyst of Sales Operations, Systems and Tools focused on supporting our systems and processes with the Higher Ed, National Geographic and Institutional sales organization, comprising of well over 500 sales professionals. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the Strategy & Operations world at an exciting Education Technology & Publishing company going through a transformation in the industry. This role will report to the Executive Director of Sales Operations, Systems and Tools. They will be located in the Boston office.
- Working directly with Sales and Marketing management to understand business priorities, identify strategic initiatives, and deliver effective and timely and centralized reporting and analytical solutions
- Responsible for determining, measuring and analyzing metrics that will allow us to understand in-depth the drivers of Sales Force efficiency and effectiveness
- Organizing, framing and delivering those metrics in databases, dashboards and other tools to leadership and the sales force so that we can leverage them on a daily basis to drive step-change improvements in Sales efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and growth in overall revenue and digital sales
- Establishing standard operating mechanisms for reporting that efficiently support the sales organization
- Deep diving on process efficiencies and operational improvement areas for the sales force – identifying barriers, recommending solutions and implementing operational improvements
- Supporting key Sales and Marketing strategic projects with detailed analysis, structuring and insight
- Support ad hoc analysis and special projects as needed by Sales and Marketing Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an analytical / STEM based major.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in either or combination of:
- Management strategy consulting
- Corporate strategy of a B2B / Information Services / SaaS type company
- Sales Strategy & Operations of a B2B / Information Services / SaaS type company
- Strategic Finance group embedded within Sales and Marketing in B2B / Information Services / SaaS type company
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats, ranging from leading strategy, finance and / or operational discussions to working with data to provide thoughtful analysis.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding - being able to take a module of work and drive to completion with limited guidance
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop moderately complex financial and operational models using spreadsheets and database software.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to correlate results from data analysis to sales processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel, Access & PowerPoint required; Hyperion Essbase, Oracle, SFDC, CRM, VBA skills preferred.
- Strategic mindset- be able to tell a story through analysis
- Interest and/ or previous experience in education, software, and/ or publishing industries a plus
- Travel expected (up to 20%)
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.