Tenth Annual Minnetonka Technology Site Visit
$51 to $250
More than 1,000 educators in the past decade have toured Minnetonka Public Schools to see how teachers accelerate learning with technology, including the National School Boards Association’s Technology and Learning Network, which hosted its second site visit in Minnetonka last year. The site visit always fills up, so register early!
- “I think Minnetonka is a sweet spot in this country for having used technology effectively to engage students in learning,” shared a Louisiana administrator. “The sustained leadership in the District has provided the scaffolding to support teachers to look for innovative ways to use technology to really challenge students to do more.”
- A New England school board member added, “I walked into classrooms and it was obvious that technology was there, but it wasn’t the limelight item. The limelight was on student learning.”
- “I saw so many amazing things. I went to the middle school and high school and saw that it completely permeates through the entire culture. Every student in every class was constantly using technology in ways that were amazing,” shared one New Jersey teacher.
Join other teachers and administrators from around the country and experience firsthand how technology accelerates learning in Minnetonka. (Video overview http://vimeo.com/93421191) Learn effective teaching techniques for technology integration, witness proven programs, and gather innovative ideas from our teachers, administrators, students, and technology staff which you can take back to your school. Register for both days or just one:
Wednesday, March 4, Overview Tour Day: Choose two of four school tours. Explore technology in all subject areas, including Chinese and Spanish Language immersion, early childhood, special education, Tonka Online, Tonka Codes, and the arts. At the secondary level, experience Minnetonka's digital learning cycle for a 1:1 iPad program (recognized as a 2013-15 Apple Distinguished Program) and also tour the Vantage facilities. Classroom visits and mini-sessions will provide direct interaction with teachers and students. Lunch and bus transportation between sites provided.
- Excelsior Elementary or Minnetonka Middle School West
- Deephaven Elementary and Minnetonka PreK/Adult Ed Community EducationorMinnetonka High School and Vantage
Thursday, March 5, In Depth Dive into the Behind the Scenes Details: Choose from a wide variety of small group sessions led by Minnetonka instructional technology staff, teacher leaders, District administrators, and Technology Department staff to learn how things work behind the scenes, from the planning to the professional development. Learn the best practices and tips and tricks we have learned for implementing meaningful technology integration that will accelerate learning. Optional private team meetings are available by request. Lunch provided.