What is Startup Weekend Education?
Startup Weekend Education (SWEDU) is an action-oriented weekend designed to take participants from idea to startup in just 54 hours. The event brings together a diverse group of people (educators, students, entrepreneurs, developers, and designers) passionate about making a positive impact on education. During the weekend, participants share ideas, form teams, build products and launch education startups. SWEDU begins with open-mic 60-second pitches Friday night that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable concepts. Teams spend Saturday and Sunday focusing on customer development, validating their ideas and building prototypes with the help of experienced coaches. On Sunday, teams demo their products and receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges.
This year, the theme for Startup Weekend EDU will focus on “Culturally-Relevant Content”, as part of our deep commitment to educational equity for our students.
Why Should You Participate?
● Don't just talk about the problem -- build the solution! Everyone gets 60 seconds to pitch their idea on Friday night.
● Dive into hands-on experiential training on how to utilize technology and entrepreneurship to solve problems in education.
● Work with a team of people who share your passion for innovating education, but who have complementary skill sets (i.e. educators, developers, designers, business professionals, students).
● Learn from and network with esteemed professionals (coaches and judges) in the education and startup community.
● Other perks include 7 delicious catered meals, prize packages to launch your startup into motion, beautiful working space at Tech Collective, SWEDU swag, and more!