Middle school students from the NYC Summer Quest program in the Bronx will participate in a two-day Maker Party at the Bronx Library Center, where they'll have the opportunity to participate in hands-on making activities facilitated by Hive NYC organizations including:
* World UP / SpazeCraft One–students will create an interactive electronic music remix, plus create sonic portraits
* Iridescent is leading design challenges where youth will solve engineering problems using household materials
* New York Hall of Science will work with students on different forms of stop-motion animation
* Maker State will help youth create their own special agent circuit ID card
* Eyebeam will work with students to create underwater creatures that light up, using paper and craft materials plus basic circuits and LEDs
* plus many more!
This is also part of Mozilla's global Maker Party campaign, a two-month blitz with community-led events around the world that celebrate teaching, learning and making the web. Learn more at http://party.webmaker.org.
Learn more about Hive NYC at http://hivenyc.org