Gamification is becoming more popular as teachers realize the impact that games can have on their students' learning. In this workshop, we will delve into the topic of gaming and gamification in the classroom setting, and explore what teachers, gaming companies, and others are doing to make sure that gamification is not just a trend but a game-changer in the way we deliver instruction and assess learning.
- Play games that enhance learning and collect assessment data
- Explore the ways games and learning work in the brain
- Create their own games to take back to the classroom
- Learn about platforms that support the integration of video games in classrooms
- Examine the principles of gaming and how to apply them to the classroom