Learning Design Author - Sociology
Cengage Learning - San Francisco, CA - Full time
At Cengage Learning we are revolutionizing the student educational experience. We create online, interactive learning solutions that increase student effort and engagement in their high school and college courses. We have helped more than 4,700,000 students and over 15,000 instructors since 2002 and are looking for eager individuals to join our innovative and collaborative team! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Design Author for Sociology.
As a Learning Design Author for Sociology, you will author content for our Sociology online activities and assessment and play a key role in shaping our approach to digital solutions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of undergraduate Sociology courses, creative ideas on how to engage students in complex topics, demonstrably outstanding writing skills, and solid methodology for using the digital medium to enhance learning.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in either our San Francisco, CA, or Mason, OH office.
- Write and develop online educational materials for undergraduate Sociology courses
- Work with other content developers to write for, review, and edit our existing online Sociology activities and assessment
- Serve as a subject matter expert, advising colleagues and customers on learning design and product development for above course areas
- Be familiar with our current content to advise sales and support teams on content-related issues and answers questions from users
- Master’s degree in Sociology
- At least 1 year of experience teaching undergraduate courses in Sociology, especially at the introductory level
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and engaging instructional materials such as activities, assessments, and engagement exercises on deadline
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Computer savvy with the ability to quickly pick up technical skills
- Bright, hard-working, flexible, dedicated, and team-focused self-starter
- PHD degree in Sociology
- 2+ years’ experience teaching undergraduate courses in Sociology, especially at the introductory level
- Experience teaching online classes and/or developing online materials
- To be considered, a cover letter is required to accompany your resume.
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.