Inside Sales Representative
Illuminate Education - Irvine, CA - Full time
This individual will drive new business within a designated territory through presenting Illuminate’s platforms with a consultative sales approach. The Inside Sales Representative must be passionate about education and Illuminate’s product, and must possess a proven track record of working collaboratively to identify and penetrate major market opportunities.
- Mastering a technical understanding of Illuminate’s product offerings and subsequently being able to describe our value proposition in the most relevant way for the prospective client (consultative sales).
- Identifying top sales prospects, evaluating most appropriate means of contact, and initiating contact with decision-makers within the K12 market.
- Maintaining and expanding database of prospects.
- Taking ownership for building authentic connections with sales prospects – always considering the best interests of the client – and nurturing them from prospect through successful sale.
- Conducting high-level sales demonstrations and presentations using online presentation tools.
- Providing warm leads to Sales Representatives from your region, including scheduling demo or other meetings, as appropriate.
- Successfully mining for key customer information, then capturing relevant, accurate and complete details, aiding in creation of robust profiles in our Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), Salesforce.
- Partnering with larger sales team – particularly in your designated region – to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Participating fully in product training sessions, meetings, skills training and professional development classes.
- Developing and constantly growing your knowledge of the K-12 education marketplace, including key industry challenges that Illuminate Education addresses along with strong knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Providing product and service presentations/demonstrations via phone and webinar.
- Working with the outside sales team members in assigned “regional territory” to achieve territory goals via partnership, and territory planning/strategy.
- Prior relevant sales experience (varied backgrounds will be considered).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- K12 education industry experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with web presentation tools (Go To Meeting, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Prior CRM experience strongly preferred.
- Ability and comfort level with directly contacting decision-makers at a school site and district level. (“C-suite”).
- Growth – as opposed to fixed – mindset, active in his/her pursuit of personal and professional growth.
- Self-motivated, with a strong intrinsic motivation to succeed at attaining personal and team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Any experience level
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.